Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

Is there a way I can file a suit on a sunday?

Customer Question

is there a way I can file a suit on a sunday?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Kind of. If it is a clerk that accepts electronic submissions than you could do that or you can go to the clerk's office, take a witness with you, and slip the papers under their door along with a note attached to them telling then the date and time you are delivering them along with a note from the witness stating that they were present when you delivered the papers on that date.

The courts have said that once it is in the clerk's possession then it is considered "filed" and by slipping it under a locked door in the clerk's office then you are delivering it in to their possession.

Either of those two ways should work.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.