Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was layed off from AECOM may 27th 2026 and didn't receive

Customer Question

I was layed off from AECOM may 27th 2026 and didn't receive any severance pay at all. Their policy shows they should pay me 10 weeks pay because I had 15 years service
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Wyoming
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No lawyer yet, this information was just brought to my attention
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The company is a welding shop that was bought out by AECOM, all our benefits "401" and insurance were AECOM.
JA: Employment law can be complex. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. The attorneys have a lot of experience with this, and it would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit.
Customer: Would love to find out if I can get this as the economy is hurting and I am having hard time finding work.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You say their policy shows they should have paid you 10 weeks severance pay. What does the policy say exactly? Does it provide a guarantee? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.