Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I live in California but work Illinois company. I have been

Customer Question

I live in California but work for an Illinois company. I have been terminated last week and am 76 years old. If I have an age discrimination case, what agency do I go to? I have worked for them for 34 years.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

As your employer falls under CA law, you would go to the Department of Fair Employment & Housing, which is the agency that enforces California age discrimination laws.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sorry, above it should say "as your employment falls under CA law," not "your employer." Also, here is a link to the DFEH's website where you can lodge your complaint.

Are you getting my messages?

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.