Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I drive a semi truck and was called in random drug test.

Customer Question

I drive a semi truck and was called in for a random drug test. Before the MRO had their interview with me to see what i couldve been taking to fail. The MRO informed my employer that i failed and i was told to clean out my truck and turn in my keys. What are my legal options
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What is "the MRO"?

DId you have a written contract of employment?

I assume you were driving a truck owned by the company, correct?

What drug supposedly showed up on your test? WAs it a urine test or a hair follicle test?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This was a hair follicle test. An MRO is a medical review officer. And the drug fail for was THC which i do no drugs.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.