Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

My name is maurice Dandridge i live in michigan i would like

Customer Question

my name is maurice Dandridge i live in michigan i would like to know is i can do anything .i signed a conditional offer of employment chrysler automobiles i pass everything but they took back the offer they said i didnt take drug test but at my physical it shows that they took urine is there anything i can do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

The problem here is that even an unconditional offer of employment is not contractual. It is just an offer of "at will" employment, unless the agreement signed specifically states that you cannot be terminated without cause.

If what you signed was an actual contract of employment (very rare) then you could sue for breach of contract. That being said, I haven't seen a true contract of employment in a few years and that was for a CEO. As I said, they are exceedingly rare. You more likely signed a conditional offer of at will employment, which would leave you with no legal recourse.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.