Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

Can I sue a tribal casino termination

Customer Question

Can I sue a tribal casino for wrongful termination
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Every tribal casino operates under slightly different laws because their tribal courts are different. Arizona is an employment at will state and so are the casinos which means an employer can terminate you for any reason and at any time. The only exceptions are that you can't be fired because of your race, gender, age, etc.

However, in the tribal casinos you can't rely on the laws that would normally provide those exceptions. The tribes may have the same rules, most of them do, but they are not applied in the same way. It is much harder to make the case in the tribal court than in the federal court.

So the answer is yes, but it is much harder. If you intend to pursue this then you need an attorney that does tribal law and you will have to look in the areas near the casino and you an try www.lawyers.com.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.v