Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

I was fired from my job as a waiter because of a review I

Customer Question

I was fired from my job as a waiter because of a review I posted on another restaurant in the area, giving the restaurant a one star review with no written description of why. My boss caught wind of the review and I was fired.
However in our policy it states "all employment descions are made in a non discriminatory basis, based on related job qualifications and ability to preform the job, and without regards ***** ***** color, nationality, ethnicity, sex marital status or sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, political beliefs, veteran status, or any factors which cannot be for an employment decision"
Does my review fall under any of those categories ?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, not unless you can prove that your termination was somehow related to your political beliefs about the restaurant.

You didn't happen to work for any type of governmental entity did you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I did not work for a government entity, the restaurants owner abused a man while drinking at his restaurant last night, he came into the restaurant I work at and Abused our bartender verbally.

Do these qualify as political beliefs?

What would qualify as political beliefs?

No, that wouldn't do it. If you had posted a negative review because, for example, the owner had stated he wouldn't serve MUslims or LGBT etc. then that would likely qualify as a political belief.

I don't think what you did could qualify as political, just criticizing someone for being an a$$.

Governmental entities operate under a different set of rules than private establishments but since you weren't working at one of those it's not an issue.