Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Have been working German company since June 1971 as their

Customer Question

Have been working for a German company since June 1971 as their exclusive sales representative. My contracts until 1993 were 5 year contracts based on German laws.
In 1993 Howard Miller of Zeeland, MI bought the Kieninger Co. I was signing yearly contracts with the US manufacturer until a new CEO came aboard. My question is how well is the "grandfather clause" in the USA, specifically in Michigan protecting an independent sales representative? In August of 2012 I had a stroke
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can.

However, I'm not certain that I understand your question. You ask how well is the "grandfather clause," but I don't know what grandfather clause you are referring to. Can you be more specific about what you're asking?

Thank you.