Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I had my references checked at my former employer by a third

Customer Question

I had my references checked at my former employer by a third party. They confirmed dates of employment, salary and said i was ineligible for rehire. I did leave the company under a separation agreement so I am not sure how to address this with them or a potential future employer?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you mean? Can you rephrase?

Also, do you have a copy of the separation agreement handy?