Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

If I only want to take 30 hours week of vacation instead of

Customer Question

If I only want to take 30 hours for a week of vacation instead of 40 since my full time is considered 30 or more hours does my employer have the right to make me take a 40 hour vacation week
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, since employers are not required to offer any paid vacation at all, they have the exclusive authority to determine how it is used. This means it is legal, despite being rather unfair, for an employer to force an employee to use 40 hours of paid vacation when they miss a work week, even though in a typical work week they are only scheduled for 30 hours.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.