Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

As a federal employee still in my probationary period, I was

Customer Question

As a federal employee still in my probationary period, I was terminated. The commander assigned three different individuals as my direct supervisor and the last one finally gave me my job expectations but also gave me a full evaluation for the year. That was in February and that person made numerous comments about me being the smartest person he knows -- comments to large groups of other supervisors without referencing why he was saying that. Despite being called a bitch by a patient and another foul name by a soldier, this same supervisor told me That as someone who has been a manage for a long time I should be used to not being liked. When Inasked what had been done in regards ***** ***** verbal abuse by these two individuals, I was told it "was taken care of" and then the conversations would be diverted to another topic. This same supervisor told me about the comment by the soldier while refusing to tell me exactly what was said but he obviously intended to upset me by telling me it was really bad. The same supervisor met regularly with my staff and would reverse my direction by giving my authority to the staff to do things like make the schedules, not perform double checks for patient safety and asked me if he had to set up his office in my department. He indicated to me that I had been managing for a long time and that I was not a leader due to my age. He supported another younger pharmacist in undermining my authority and he subsequently fired me for not being professional and being argumentative despot his evaluation only a couple of months prior that gave me excellent a in all evaluated areas. I believe he and the command have discriminated against me due to my age. I have been told to meet with the EEO office at the post but am wondering if I need a lawyer present for this meeting.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

You do not need a lawyer present for this meeting but you are entitled to have on their if you feel it is necessary.

If you believe you have been discriminated against based upon age, you should file a complaint with the EEOC Office. An EEOC investigator will look at your claim and perform an investigation into your claim upon filing your claim. Here is a link to your Title VII claim: https://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/filing_complaint.cfm

The EEOC investigator will perform an evaluation to determine the the employer violated federal law.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-=up questions. Please rate my answers so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.