Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I'm having a problem at work. I'm doing really good on my

Customer Question

I'm having a problem at work. I'm doing really good on my core goals each month I get rewarded for meet all my core goals. I'm currently ranked 15 out of 606 employee's. There are some goals that are not core goals that I'm about a point away from meeting and 90 % of the employee's at the company is not meeting those goals. my TL has only put me on a career plan although there are some on my team who is performing worst then me in all goals including core goals. The goal is 95% I'm currently at 93.9 the lows person on my team is 92.3% and the lows person at the company is 87.4%. They wasn't place on a career plan just me. I only been on her team for 6 months and I been placed on a plan 5 of the 6 months. Theses plan can prevent me from getting a promotion and could also result in termination. Before I was place on her team I went 2 1/2 year and wasn't place on any plan. I work from home and we do webcam team meeting twice a month. the first time I turned on my website she said very pretty which made me feel really uncomfortable and embarrass. my companies have a very strict attendance policy. Meeting should only be schedule during employee work hours . she waiting until after I left work to place a meeting on my schedule. I luckily was planning some paid days off and seen the update later that day, if I didn't I could have loss my bonus check and placed on probation. I contact our scheduling department who confirmed it against policy for her to do this. I feel bullied do you think I have any sort of case against her and the company?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear about what is going on. Unfortunately, though, none of what you describe suggests that you would have any legal claims against your employer.

In general, no law requires employers to be fair to their employees. The general rule is that employment is "at will" absent an express agreement to the contrary. At will employment can be terminated for any reason not amounting to discrimination on the basis of a legally protected trait (race, religion, gender, etc.) or retaliation for engaging in certain forms of legally protected conduct (filing a wage claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.). It doesn't matter whether the basis for termination is fair, reasonable or even true.

So, all you can really do is attempt to reason with your employer and highlight your excellent performance. Your employer should have every reason in the world to keep you and reward you for the excellent results you are achieving. Doing so is in their own self interest. But again, since no law requires employers to be fair, no law requires your employer to do these things, and your only options are to persuade or to look for another job where you are treated better.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Are you still with me?