Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have worked at Norton Audubon Hospital years. I have had

Customer Question

I have worked at Norton Audubon Hospital for 36 years. I have had problems with Nortons from day 1. In 2000, I had a trial pertaining to my union activity. I prevailed. I work in Environmental services. I became an educator a few years back. At the time, we were promised $1.25 pr. hr. raise. I received $.42. I let it slide. I have given 6 days a week for the past 19 years. I've always worked the hardest floors. I've done 8 to 10 c/os to most workers'4-6. I am very conscientious. I exceed expectations. We used to get raises tied in with evaluations. They changed the scale to 3% across the board. They raised the max pay on my job title, gave me a 3%, now I lack $1.11 hourly of being at max. When I talked with the Administrator about this, he responded "I'm only at 60% of max. In a meeting with our Director today, He told people we will be needing more educators. It pays $1.00 more per hour. I'm not being unreasonable, I just want what's fair. They talk about ethics. The ethical thing to do would bring me up to max, and make me whole for what they've denied me. I've earned it. What o[ptions do I have?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Regrettably, you have to bring your concerns to HR. If HR refuses to do something, you would not have any other recourse unless you signed an employment agreement with the employer and the employer is violating the terms of the agreement. If that is the case, you would then file lawsuit against the employer for breach of contract. Otherwise, so long as the employer is paying you for the hours worked, you would not have any other recourse against the employer.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.