Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

63 years old and retired from railroad - looking to start an

Customer Question

63 years old and retired from railroad - looking to start an LLC, I have been ask to contract to a company that trains RR employees and provides Temp worker - If i have a LLC and I am the member along with my wife will this effect my RR retirement?
JA: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out.
Customer: One off question?
JA: Employment law can be complex. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. The attorneys have a lot of experience with this, and it would be my pleasure to match you with the best fit.
Customer: okay sounds great
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no only a LLC service company PARSEC they recommend checking with an attorney
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no just need advise on how not to effect my Railroad Retirement
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Typically, once your pension has vested there should be no impact by a new income source. Once you are vested, the pension is yours.

I do not see why there could be any impact on your vested pension, but you may want to confirm for your particular pension with a call to the plan administrator.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.