John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I work salon when I'm there they tell me to go to the bank,

Customer Question

I work for a salon when I'm there they tell me to go to the bank, they then clock me out for thirty minutes. I am doing what they tell me to do even though I was hired as an esthetician. Is this legal if not what can I do?
Alexis
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

You're still working when going to the bank, thus you are still owed pay for that time. It doesn't matter that it's not esthetician work...it's still supposed to be paid. I'd suggest you track these hours and make a claim with the state through a wage complaint - which you can do here http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=553573&mode=2

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.