hrpro37
hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law
80178101

I live in florida, yestoday my hospital suspended accusing

Customer Question

I live in florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yestoday my hospital suspended accusing me of drug diversion
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I never took a narcotic for the whle my life
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: i just did a bad charting, give the patient pain killer wtihu document patient pain level.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: nao
JA: Huh?
Customer: i am in state os schok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. Can you provide a bit of clarification on your question. Are you wondering if the hospital is allowed to suspend you?

Thank you ,

Amber

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have a nurse for more than nine years and i neve been accused or fired from any jobe for that metter, a nurse aducator came to me yesterday, with about 3 to 4 page of all the narcotic that i haven ben gito to my patient from a peiod of time about 3 months ago. there about 2 pain killer that a gave to tha patient but did not scan those, and the rest of medication that a gave, i did sacn the medication and patien but did not documented pain, level show that pain as "0"
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have been work for this hospital for about1 years and 6 moths. i work in the neuro spine floor. 80 to 90% of my patient take multiple narcotic, prn, schedule a lot.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the hospital suspended me yestoday already,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i did the drug screen and it will be negative, result come out today, then the hospital will call me on Monday to meet with the team again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I never took any narcotic for the whole my life, my concerning is the hospital report me to the state
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 8 months ago.

If you have been suspended your best course of action would be to contact your human resources department and make a formal statement of your version of events. You should also reference your employee handbook to see if there are any guidelines related to this type of situation.

If your drug screen is negative then most likely, you will be allowed to return to your job with a warning but do make sure you are being proactive and staying in communication with your human resources department.

I hope this feedback has assisted you and feel free to ask follow up questions. Also, please do not forget to rate me so that I get credit for assisting you today (It does not cost you anything additional and you can still ask follow up questions after).

Thank you,

Amber

Expert:  hrpro37 replied 8 months ago.

I would not worry about being reported to the state nursing board. Generally, hospitals will only report infractions to the state nursing board that can not be resolved within the hospital.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please can you call me, i just upt date my credi card
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are a lwyer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i maen a lawyer
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please call me back I need clarification for my problem. i just pay you guys $59,00
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 8 months ago.

I am still available. Are you still interested in a phone call?

Thank you,

Amber