Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I would like to know if I have to use my cell phone reasons

Customer Question

I would like to know if I have to use my cell phone for business reasons and do I have to take my bosses calls on my personal cell phone?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Also that my employer has given me fraudulent documents to do business on behave of the daycare center. What can I do about that?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 months ago.

I would like to know if I have to use my cell phone for business reasons

NO. Your employer is obligated to provide you with any communication equipment that is necessary for you to perform your job.

and do I have to take my bosses calls on my personal cell phone?

If your job requires that you must be reachable by phone, then you must provide the employer with a phone number. It doesn't have to be your personal cell number.

Also that my employer has given me fraudulent documents to do business on behave of the daycare center. What can I do about that?

Don't use any documents that you know are false or misleading. I don't know any more about your job, so I can't answer this part more fully.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.