Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was falsely accused of harassment by a non union member

Customer Question

I was falsely accused of harassment by a non union member and suspended. There are 8 depositions in my favor saying no witness saw me do this and that those said 8 witnesses saw and heard this other co worker screaming profanity at me. They are now saying I can return to work on a 5 month probation. Today they stated that I had to take a second shift position which they are aware that I can not take due to prior engagements. Effectively forcing me to leave my job.
No one has spoken to me including the union attorney to validate my side and although there are depositions stating I was the one harassed and verbally assaulted this is my predicament. Do I have any legal grounds for this.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, J. When you say "do I have any rights," do you mean:

1) About your suspension/employer's actions, or

2) Suing the other party for false comments, or

3) Both 1 and 2?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!