Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

What detailed information can a previous employer give out

Customer Question

What detailed information can a previous employer give out to new potential employers about my behavior? In Idaho.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Under the law, they can make any statement of opinion and any true statement of fact. The only thing they can't do is make objectively false statements of fact about you. For instance, they can't tell a prospective employer that you were fired for sexual harassment when that is not true.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Are you still with me?