Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am being unjustly accused of age discrimination by a

Customer Question

I am being unjustly accused of age discrimination by a former employee that I dismissed for embezzelment, and he has hired a lawyer that filed an age discrimination complaint with the Iowa Civil Rights. Not only did they name myself, but my wife and three of my children.
I am 7 years older than this individual, 73, and there were 5 other people older than him, and only two in the office younger. His lawyer I am sure has put him up to the filing, and they are not being truthful about things.
They have also filed a civil suit against me, and keep calling my lawyer and saying you better settle this out of court.
I need some advise as how to go back after these people.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What specifically can I answer for your in regards ***** ***** please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!