Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I've been terminated from my place of employment under the

Customer Question

Hello, i've been terminated from my place of employment under the acusation of theft, or at least helping steal. "Profiling"i think they called it. They said they're still going to be investigating me. I of course haven't done anything wrong, they said they had "Video footage" of me but didn't have anything to show me, they also searched my vehicle and found nothing. What steps can i take. I've never been in a situation like this
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not that im aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

I am located in NY. are you asking if you can take action against the employer in NY?