Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Is it illegal to be called a liar by my new boss in front of

Customer Question

Is it illegal to be called a liar by my new boss in front of another co-worker it seems there is nothing I can do to please this woman. I have never been so disrespected in my life. She was accusing me of knowing how to sign in on the new time sheet, I was out all last week and have never seen the time card procedure before today. She said I am not going to put up with a liar.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes, I am going through some physical problems, and I missed a day of work about 10 days ago, my fault I put my work schedule down on on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Shockingly, this sort of reprehensible management behavior does not violate any law. In general, the law is relatively "hands off" when it comes to how employers can treat their employees. The law does not require employers to be nice, professional, or even respectful to the people who work for them. The law only prohibits harassment and unfavorable treatment that relates to legally protected traits such as race or religion( i.e. yelling racial slurs at you) in which case it may become a civil rights issue. Otherwise, though, there is no legal remedy for this sort of bad management. All you can do is complain to HR or find work somewhere else where you are treated with the respect you deserve.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.