Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

Can i ask terminated without ever having a job review,never

Customer Question

can i ask for compensation for being terminated without ever having a job review,never having a problem with the controller . i feel that iif they were not happy with my work i should have a least gotton a warning, i was ony there for 14 months. and the controller hit me with that . i was hired in the finace department of a large non-profit outfit. they even gave me a letter of reccomendation for my next job. but if i was evaluated and or even a warning i could have actively try to fine a another situation but to have my income taken a way without any regards ***** ***** . I want to know what i can do . are their any labor laws for NYC that you can tell me. I dont want the job back but i do want 3 months pay of compensation, as i stated i was totally in caughtoff guard when i got terminated
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

Have you asked for a severance package? That would be the most prudent route to discuss severance package for feeling mistreated requesting 3 months of pay. Otherwise, unless you were discriminated against based upon age, disability, gender, religion, or race an employer can terminate you for any reason as New York is an employee at-will state. If you explain to the employer that you were mistreated they may offer you a severance package to avoid any lawsuit and consider a 3 month severance as nothing compared to what it would cost to defend a lawsuit.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that i may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.