Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I worked beginning November 2014. Thankfully, I kept my full

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I worked for Aflac beginning November 2014. Thankfully, I kept my full time job and did this part time to try to get on solid financial ground, So for six months, I worked 7 days a week for both companies. Sadly, I actually lost money working for Aflac. Now they say I owe them over $700 in chargebacks. I was broke before I went to work for them. They made it worse for me, not better. Is there any way that I can avoid paying them money I don't have?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Cannot afford legal fees
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Only that a lot of people have the same experience trying to work for Aflac. I had 19 years HR and Benefits experience, 6 years executive sales experience, and 6 years as President of two international businesses for Mars, Inc. Retired at 50. Went to work at Aflac thinking my 500+ contacts thru LinkedIn could allow me to get Aflac into my extensive network with big companies, many with 10,000+ employees. But all I was allowed to work with were tiny businesses with 3-10 employees. Most did not pay their premiums.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

can you explain a bit the basis for their claim for money? did you sign anything when you began agreeing to repay money?