socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have filed a discrimination case with the NLRB it has gone

Customer Question

I have filed a discrimination case with the NLRB it has gone to appeal they said they need to look at current board law what does this mean I have a very strong case against the teamsters is it they such a huge corp. they are not going to settle should I hire an attorney they transferred me and now basically I am with out a job I worked for the company for 20 years I have made 30,000 less then last year and have only worked a month this year I do not have a good relationship with my local 137 who I have paid dues for 20 years.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

Hello...you asked:

I have filed a discrimination case with the NLRB it has gone to appeal they said they need to look at current board law what does this mean?

A: It means that the Teamsters are challenging the authority of the NLRB to rule on the issues in your case, and only the court of appeals can rule on the NLRB's authority.

Should I hire an attorney?

A: If you are not represented by a lawyer on appeal, you are likely to lose. Appellate practice is all about the law -- not the facts, and the legal arguments are all that matter. Not having a proper appellate brief is generally fatal to a party's case.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!