John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

Can a california employee request fmla if they haven't

Customer Question

Can a california employee request fmla if they haven't worked for 12 months at the employer, Nordstrom
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm not sure. The request would be to support a grandparent
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

No, under both state and federal law the employee must have 12 months of employment to get FMLA (federal leave) or Cal Family Leave (state) benefits.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.