Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I recently was fired from my job ive been on unemployment

Customer Question

i recently was fired from my job ive been on unemployment since looking for a job, the employer decidied to appeal and i had a law hearing on friday and received notice that ive been denied my unemployment. I would like to know is it legal for the employer to doctor and with-hold all the evidence, it was based on a conversation from social media, but they doctored the conversation(the evidence) the conversation i had with the people , they used for the hearing against me?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

What do you mean exactly by "doctored" it? Do you mean they forged documents to make it look like you said something that you didn't say? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.