Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

Having already been questioned twice regarding a

Customer Question

Having already been questioned twice regarding a relationship between my boss and I, can I refuse to be questioned yet again? Can they terminate me for refusal? Do I have ANY recourse?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

You can certainly refuse to be questioned, but they can legally terminate you unless you have a contract of employment that expressly states you can only be terminated for cause.

Most people don't have such a contract.

I wish I could tell you differently here, but your only recourse here is to either answer the questions or refuse and begin looking for other work.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.