CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

What do you do when your employee has started 7 companies

Customer Question

What do you do when your employee has started 7 companies while employed by you, and is using your company funds to develop and run these companies, and promote his new companies against his own, and continue to earn his full wage, fly around the world first class and put on corporate card, and continue to destroy the company who is paying for everything.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn of this situation. My best advice to you in this matter is to retain a lawyer quickly.

While I do not have sufficient information based only on the information posted here, I would be fairly certain that this employee is embezzling funds from your company. This can be prosecuted both as a criminal matter and as a civil matter.

This is a tricky issue to deal with (I have dealt with several embezzlement cases, none of them have been simple, and all of them require counsel to deal with effectively).

It is possible to recoup these funds (there are several very effective options available to you, including statutes such as the "Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act"), but detailing exactly how to go about doing this requires a much more detailed review of the facts of your case and is going to require a local attorney that can go through all of the facts and help you develop a strategy specific to your company (this is going to include whether or not involving law enforcement, and how to go about doing so).