Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I visited a doctor a couple of years ago illness the doctor

Customer Question

I visited a doctor a couple of years ago for an illness for which the doctor examined me. A part of the examination included the doctor drawing blood and referring me to an ear, nose and throat center for further follow-up examination. I went to the ear, nose and throat doctor. He gave me a prescription and a sample package to use when needed. Normally, the physicians calls when there are abnormal results, so I assumed no news was good news. Well, at the end of last year I started hearing strange comments about the contents of by blood work. In December, a friend told me in confidence the tests were performed off-the-record and some disease was found in my blood. I asked what. She said she did not know what. So I called the medical office to find out if there were results that were not disclosed to me for that visit. The nurse checked and said she had no record that blood was drawn nor blood tests performed that day. She asked how I was feeling. I told her I felt fine,so I don't know what they are talking about. I questioned how could the medical records indicate no blood was drawn when the nurse on duty took three tubes of blood that day per the doctors orders. What happened to the blood? The nurse indicated she will check with the doctor that I indicated treated me that day. When the nurse checked, she indicated the doctor was not available. I checked back with medical office again. She indicated it would take a while to investigate. I called back a couple of weeks later. She still had no additional information. The physician who attended to me has not responded to me. What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you want to achieve?

Do you want to continue seeing this doctor?