Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work major retailer and am a recently new red general

Customer Question

I work for a major retailer and am a recently new hired general manager paid by salary. I have been hired to run a $60k a week store (high volume) with a expense budget that is flawed (I have the data to support). For example my store doing $60k a week is given 4.2% labor dollars equal to $2760, where another store doing $37k weekly is given 7.6% labor dollars equal to $2812. My store doing 40% more sales with sales equal to customers as avg transaction is about the same, also open 7hours a week more than the other store, also receives 40% more product to stock (receiving truck loads more), is expected to have the same standards as the store doing $37k weekly. I personally have had to overwork to not appear unqualified to do the job, but its simply unobtainable.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening and welcome. I am sorry to hear about the demands being placed upon you. What precisely is your question regarding this situation? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want to loose my job by trying to justify why the store remains in terrible condition although much better than the condition I inherited it in by informing upper management. It shows weakness or not capable of doing the job which I am neither when trying to use payroll as a smoke screen for lack of store conditions. I can justify bot***** *****ne profits are up since my onboarding but the things/culture of the company are not utilized at this store as its so busy we have no time to train partners, engage customers, do fun events, etc, etc. The previous leader before me was fired and I can see how that can easily be done with the support provided. I want to stay with this employer as I love the industry and want to inform them of the budget flaw only to generate more profit for them. What I am afraid will happen is I will be exiting myself out of a position by starting the process and the company will realize I was right when the manager after me fails faster than me.