Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I need a Cease & Desist letter sent from an attorney to a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I need a Cease & Desist letter sent from an attorney to a multimedia company that has copied a name for which I have common-law trademark in educational services.
JA: Employment law can be complex. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: It's not employment law, actually. It's trademark and applies to all states. I live in Oregon.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: To pay them an enormous retainer before they would write the letter.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes. I would like a flat-fee quote for the Cease & Desist letter please.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to her about this situation. JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients. This means that I cannot send a letter in my name. What I can do is provide a sample letter for you. Whether you choose to send out a letter is up to you. Would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.