Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been wrongfully accused of keeping the property of a

Customer Question

I have been wrongfully accused of keeping the property of a company that I was the founder and CEO of. The company consisted of me, my ex-boyfriend and another friend. Two months ago, I had a falling out with my ex and, ever since, he has brought against me a number of false accusations leading to a civil suit. After filing a restraining order against him, they submitted a list of company equipments that were is my possession to be returned to them. This was done on May11 in presence of an Emeryville police officer. Amongst those items was a video camera and accessories that were originally purchased for $4,000. A few days later, I received an email from them asking for another item (a licensing contract) to be also returned to them. There was no mention of the video equipment missing. I believe that I am now accused of still possessing this equipment. I would like to know how to prove my innocence.
JA: Employment law can be complex. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: Pearl, this is a case regarding my friend, she has retained an attorney who, as we speak, is trying to find out from the Emeryville Police what exactly is on this list of alleged stolen items. Her attorney is only hired for pre-charge investigation and she is not sure if she will continue to use him after this initial phase.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: Just that this is a case more related to a very angry ex who would like to make life miserable for her. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have for her.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I see you are looking for a phone call...I will send that offer along

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Philip.
I would like to have my friend Sarah over in about an hour so we could have a phone conversation about her case. When she is here in about an hour, I will contact you.
Thank you again,
Hamid

certainly. I am in and out of the office for the rest of the day. But if you accept the offer and provide your # ***** am happy to give a call

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
I will let you know when she is here.

Thanks

But you will need to accept the offer for a phone call I sent. There is an additional fee for the call

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand, will do so when we are ready to have our phone conversation.

No worries. I will call as soon as I am available