LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

I feel I'm being discriminated against and retaliated on at

Customer Question

I feel I'm being discriminated against and retaliated on at work, what can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was forced to give up shifts, I was forced to work almost only nights when I was hired to only work 2 nights and 3 days. I was not scheduled upon my return from vacation, and then was put on the schedule and was not advised.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You do have rights and what is happening is illegal and you do have options. The first, is to speak with HR about this and inform them and place them on notice, so they can act. The second, is to file a complaint with the State and this can be investigated. I have provided a link below with how to file the complaint. Finally, you can retain legal counsel to represent you and determine and possible sue. The least threatening way would be to speak with HR, who's role should be to address and correct this. If it does escalate, then you certainly could retain counsel if this continues.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know