Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I live in PA. I was out of work after suffering panic

Customer Question

I live in PA. I was out of work after suffering panic attacks/depression 10 months into my first year of employment. I received notice the following week after being out on leave that my job was not protected because I did not qualify for FMLA. I emailed the HR manager back and asked if my job was protected under ADA. I hoped to get some response back but no reply was given.
I returned back to work approximately 2 months later. I was told my job was no longer available because of my length of service and FMLA law. I told the HR manager that may be true under FMLA law but brought up ADAA to which I was being treated for depression.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will be happy to assist you this morning.

In what way do you believe that the ADA would protect you, please? Kindly advise! Did you ask for time off based on your disability?