Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am looking lawyer to help negotiate a severance package

Customer Question

I am looking for a lawyer to help negotiate a severance package for a Chief Technology Office with 9-10 years service. I was let go for no fault and without notice. I was offered only 6 weeks severance and HR suggested I retain counsel.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I worked in New York City and was let go on Friday.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York, NY
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: CFO recommended a 25-30K raise 4 months ago and never had any negative write ups. Given several bonuses for extra work well done.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this?