Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

MUST AN EMPLOYER ASK YOU TO RESIGN A NON COMPETE AFTER A 15

Customer Question

MUST AN EMPLOYER ASK YOU TO RESIGN A NON COMPETE AFTER A 15 YEAR PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT. DOES IT NEED TO BE RENEWED .
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. No, an employer is never required to update or have an employee sign a new non-compete no matter how long the employee has worked for them in order for it to be enforceable. It may not be enforceable for other reasons, but the time it was signed, would not be one of those reasons. An employer can choose to have a new one signed, but doesn't have to.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 7th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.