Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

I tried online to no evail i cant find aphysical office to

Customer Question

i tried online for unemployment to no evail i cant find aphysical office to file daytona beach or port orange and new smyrna beach
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
That is because the Florida Dept of Economic Opportunity uses an online program for people to file a claim, called CONNECT. You can find it here:
http://www.floridajobs.org/job-seekers-community-services/reemployment-assistance-center/claimants/file-an-initial-claim
If you have trouble filing the claim online or cannot due to a disability, you can call 1-***-***-**** and do this over the telephone.
But there is no physical office to file the unemployment claim.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
a lawer told me there is one stop office where they process your claim i filed on line through d.e.o/ 3 weeks ago and have not recieved a response we pay taxes to get proper service yea. what else is new.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
There is no one-stop physical location, sorry. You CAN do this over the telephone however, at 1-***-***-****. You can also call that number to see the status on a claim already filed.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.