Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I resigned from Fresenius renal care on 5/19/2016 and when

Customer Question

I resigned from Fresenius renal care on 5/19/2016 and when will I be compensated for my accrued pto time
Submitted: 6 months ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Tennessee doesn't require the pay out of unused vacation or PTO unless the employer specifically has a policy stating that they do so. If they have no policy, they don't have to pay it out.

If they do have a policy, they have to pay it out by the next regular pay day cycle following your termination or resignation, not to exceed 21 days after you are terminated or resign. So, if they had to pay it out based on company policy, they have until Friday, June 10th to pay it out (if that is your next regularly scheduled pay date following the resignation).

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.