Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I have been terminated from an association illegally

Customer Question

I have been terminated from an association illegally according to association by-laws and policy. I am seeking to sue for defamation of character. There are over 16,000 members and I have been targeted because I disagree with the national Vice President. Looking to see if I have a case
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 months ago.

This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

When you say "terminated" where you employed or is this a membership? Can you tell me who is defaming you - one person or many ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is not employment I was terminated as member of a nation wide association that is incorporated

Ok. So you were not "fired" from anything. You can sue for defamation. Defamation, of course, being an untruth which is disseminated as that absolute truth even though the person(s) telling the untruths as absolute truth know for well it is not the truth.

So if that is the case where absolute lies have been put out to the public as truth, then you would have a basis for defamation.