Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I'm a 20 year AT&T management employee who was terminated

Customer Question

I'm a 20 year AT&T management employee who was terminated after filing 2 ethics complaints
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: After filing an Ethics complaint against a newly promoted manager I was put on a 60 performance plan and terminated at the end of 60 days even after proving to the ethics board he lied on the entries he put in my records.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: My team performance was #3 of 8 in my managers area. After 20 years as a manager I was fired by a new area manager with less than 4 months on the job. I filed an ethics complaint regarding the way he handled a customer complaint. The day after the complaint was closed he put me on a 60 day performance plan. I filed another ethics complaint about a groundless entry he put in my record. Other managers testified to the Ethics group my actions were according to the same instructions they received. At the end of the 60 day plan my employment was terminated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?