Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Commission formula : No , wanted to do some research 1st : I

Customer Question

Commission formula
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No , wanted to do some research 1st
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am in sales. Company I work for is small and private. No formal commission plan is placed. So I am wanting to see what my employer can deduct from my commission formula if there's no formal contract in place
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ca
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: I can't find a copy of my offer letter and my employer can't find a copy. Aren't they suppose to keep copies of all my employee records, reviews, etc?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 4 months ago.

Good Evening,

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I have extensive experience in commission plans and just have a couple of quick is your commission currently calculated? Also, when you ask "what are they allowed to deduct" do you mean from your pay in general? or specific to the commission plan?