Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney

I was recruited merchandiser position stores in North

Customer Question

I was recruited for a merchandiser position for 19 stores in North Carolina. The job offer did not state my territory, but no other territory was discussed in the interview. I quit two jobs and 12 days after I accepted the job offer (2 days prior to training) my supervisor called stating there were some changes. She told me my territory was Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Kansas, Iowa and Mississippi. I would have not accepted the offer at the salary stated for extensive travel. I also found out that the North Carolina position was offered to someone else 4 days after I received my offer. Is this fraudulent inducement, and do I have a claim?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, the company would be generally correct that there would not be any legal recourse, unless there was a written job offer stating specific territory and also an employment contract was signed which outlined specific territory in its job description. I wish you the best of luck!