Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was red by a company in CA after declining another job

Customer Question

I was hired by a company in CA after declining another job offer from Boeing. What I discovered after accepting employment and moving from Florida to California was the duties I was hired to perform were previously offered to another employee, however the CEO prevented that employee from performing them. I discovered the same thing in my regard.
In addition the CEO consistently pit employees against one another, denied conversations regarding duties and details and hired an incompetent executive assistant that he referred to as a "booth babe" to his HR representative. Paying her a salary almost twice the national average for such a position with no experience.
After 6 months I was told my services were no longer needed and asked to leave the company with no severance that may allow me to get back to my home in Florida. I am a protected, disabled veteran (50%). Do I have any legal recourse with this company to capture what I lost in declining the job with Boeing or recouping the expense to return to my home of record?
Finally, this company is engaged in manufacturing aircraft components installed under an STC. There are numerous instances of non-compliance with FAA regulations pertinent to this application. I was hired as Director Operations and Compliance but the non-compliance I discovered wa quickly dismissed and my efforts were re-directed.
What are my options, if any?
Thank you,
Charles I. Walker
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Do you think that you were targeted and these actions occurred because of your race, age, religion, gender or disability? Or is it that the company is just poorly run? Did you have a contract or any other document specifically agreeing to employ you in a certain role for a specific period of time?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I have no document protecting my employment period but i do think I may have been targeted due to the financial strains on the company and my salary.
The HR manager did know that I was having a surgical procedure on my right hand in June and asked what date it was to occur on more than one occasion.