How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8183
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I supplied my boarding pass departure and return. They

Customer Question

If I supplied my boarding pass for my departure and return. They now want credit card statements showing when and whom purchased my tickets. They also want my 18 year old daughter to supply them with the credit card statement from the person that purchased her ticket. Am I required to do this?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I just need a little clarification. What is the reason your employer is requesting this information? Is it for expense reimbursement?



Customer: replied 4 months ago.
31 May 2016 06:02
I am a teacher in Michigan. I have taught...
I am a teacher in Michigan. I have taught at the same district for 22 years and have had excellent evaluations and no previous discipline issues. I took 4 days off in March to deal with a family emergency. I was followed the procedures for my absence and supplied the documentation they required uponmy return. I have more than enough family illness/ personal business days to cover my absence. The district contacted Spirit airplanes about my original travel itinerary , which changed due to the situation I was dealing with. How were they able to obtain my flight intinerary without my consent? Is that legal?
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yeah but I can't get an appointment in time for my next meeting . I'm on paid administration leave as of now31 May 2016 06:02
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That was the last question I submitted
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 4 months ago.

The district will have to follow any written policies they have. If you supplied the documentation that is required for an absence to the district and they are not accepting that documentation, you should escalate the situation to the human resources department. Do you know if the district has a written policy regarding documentation needed for unplanned leave?



Related Employment Law Questions