hrpro37
hrpro37, Sr. Director, Human Resources
Experience:  10+ years of experience in human resources roles with a specialization in employment law
80178101

Does a new company boss have the right to cancel an

Customer Question

does a new company boss have the right to cancel an accomodation given by the former boss and fire a mental & psyically handicaped employee of over 20 yrs at this co.because they say hes too slow for the money they are paying him?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  hrpro37 replied 6 months ago.

Good Afternoon,

If a reasonable accommodation was given (in order to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act), that accommodation should not cease just because a different manager has taken over. I absolutely file a claim with the EEOC as soon as possible (it is free of charge).

Information on how to file can be found here:

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Feel free to ask follow up questions if needed and please don't forget to rate me! (It's how I get paid)

Thank you,

Amber