Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I work gas station which has 3-5 employees and I have been

Customer Question

I work for a gas station which has 3-5 employees and I have been sexually harassed, bullied and I have been accused of bomb threat, just to name a few. Well brings me to the following: Yesterday 05/30/2016 I was scheduled to work a 4pm- 11 pm and I Call Off I was not going in to work. So a little while later I received a "Text message" from Steve which is the area manager and he said that Carla the Store mananger called him up to say that he was informed that I called and said Im not going in to work and he was now assuming that I was now quiting. If this was true to text back yes which And if not then iwould be expected to come in to work my scheduled shift.: I just replied- I called off which is different!
With this situation Im now wondering what is going to happen. Im show up for work but what happens if they kick me out! Im so lost and confused!
In the past when someone calls off swork they either make the employee that there already stay there for double shifts with out lunch or breaks " because" they only have 1 employee at a time working so there is no one to cover lunches and 10 min breaks.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 6 months ago.

3-5 employees total in the entire company? Where is the gas station located?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have 3-5 employees in the store I work for the entire company, I'm not really sure but this is Merced Ca. Valero/ Cornerstore Gas station. There are about 5-6 employees working at the others stores as well. The Company is about to sell all of the stores in California and it will now be 7/11 stores.

Okay, showing up or calling the workplace to determine if you are scheduled to work may be prudent. As for sexual harassment, you could have a claims for sexual harassment if you have been severely and pervasively harassed in the workplace based upon your gender. You can request an investigation through the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing to determine if you have a valid claim. Here is the link to submit a claim: http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/Complaints_ComplaintProcess.htm

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.