Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My name is Darrin.This question has been bothering time

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** has been bothering for some time ,21/2 years ago I wrecked myback on the job.l4 l5 s1 pretty much exploded in my back.That being said workmans comp paid for the repair and I attainened a lawyer and we received a settlement.I returned to work,being a supervisor there was no lifting during the coarse of my job.Heres my issue.while I was having my first operation to correct my back,the other two supervisors complained that the vehicle they were driving in was causing them pain in their the mour manager went out and immediately bought them full size f 150 trucks.Hey I don't have a problem with what people receive.But upon my return I was in a brace for 6 months and you know the truck they gave me to drive the one they complained about.Christ I had surgery.Anyway I was just happy being back to work.understand that we are a large outfit and I was responsible for 7 crew who are usually stretched out allover the state.we could put on as many as 330 miles a day.I asked for two years both verbally and email so I had a papertrail for an f150 to help my back because some days I couldn't get out of the ranger I was using.Not only did I not receive something else to drive 6 f150s came in and they were allotted to other peopleWell I have time to write you this letter because I just had a major back surgery again.I have the work mans comp thing covered but I believe my manage broke the labor law that states play favorites all you want until it cause injury to me.This time my injury could end my career.thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry to hear that and hope you are feeling better. There does appear to be some disparate treatment. You may have a case of retaliation wherein they are punishing you for your prior claim.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so it would be for punishig and not violation of labor law?
Well retaliation is a violation of employment laws.
Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.