Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was suspended without pay and the day before it happened I

Customer Question

I was suspended without pay and the day before it happened I spent hours in the emergency room waiting to get stitches
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Employment Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I also believe that my employer has been signaling me out since my mom passed away on February 1st. I have been very depressed and I believe that they are looking to discharge me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Lawyer should know?
Customer: There is no written handbook on suspension without pay. Our small company had a meeting regarding new office rules, but it was very verbal not written and signed in agreement by any employee.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this matter. I am unclear of what you are asking. Are you asking it you can be suspended? Or what information can I provide.