Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
20355756

I have worked during 2015 major oilfield service company in

Customer Question

I have worked during 2015 for a major oilfield service company in Gabon. They did not pay any taxes in my name there although they were supposed to. Stating that I didn't have a visa. However, I have since produced a current work visa (although it might not be valid for the type of work I performed). I don't want to run into trouble if I should go back there to work. My company HR department doesn't return my emails. What should I do?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, I would very much like my company to pay my Gabon taxes so that I can use it as a foreign tax paid against my US tax bill.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Finally, I have retired this year and no longer work.
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Were taxes taken out of your earnings there and reported to the IRS and your state tax department?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, They were not taken out but should have been. So they are owed to Gabon. I can and have been claiming taxes paid overseas to the IRS for the last 20+ years. Just for 2015 they have not been paid because my company thought I didn't have a visa. I do have one though.

Hello again --

-

So there were no taxes taken out at all? Did they issue you a 1099 Misc Income form at the end of the tax year?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please give me a call to discuss this matter

Hello again --

-

A telephone call costs additional money (not my decision -- it is the rules of the website). If you still want a call I can put this through to customer service and they will send you an offer for a Premium Service and then when you accept it, I can call you.

=

MARY

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it would be best to discuss this over the phone

You should have what is called a PREMIUM SERVICES OFFER somewhere on your screen / home page. You have to open it up and press the accept button and enter your telephone number. As soon as you do that, I can call you immediately.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't see any premium offer on the phone app I have... Can you guide me further?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I press the "accept this offer" for the premium service and nothing happens..... Hmmmm?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The premium service button calls for a $67 additional charge sounds like a good deal to me but it does not activate for me on
This phone.... Do you have any suggestion on how we can proceed with this issue?

Hello again --

-

I am very sorry that I missed this earlier but I had an emergency situation and have been offline all day June 2. I will be online and on the Just Answer website later today, June 3 (Friday) starting at about 1 pm EST and finishing about midnight EST June 3 / June 4 or even 1 am EST June 4 (we set our own hours and so I may be on a bit later Friday evening / Sat morning).

-

I am going to send this to customer service / moderator to see if they can assist you in selecting the telephone call option so that I can take your telephone number and we can have a conversation about all of this -- once you confirm that the Premium Services Offer has been accepted and enter your telephone number / contact information -- I can then call you. So, oncye the proposed offer has been accepted and the question pop up box asks for your contact information, you can put in a proposed time for the telephone call. You can also enter the same information in a new reply box right after the proposal has been ACCEPTED -- and we can work out a time for the call that is convenient for YOU.

-

Customer service will usually take several hours to start this request and assist you with accepting the proposal. If you would like it to be a little quicker, you can telephone customer service directly at(###) ###-####to try to facilitate the acceptance of the proposal for the telephone call PREMIUM SERVICE !!

-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH & I hope to be speaking with you soon (at some point tomorrow afternoon) !!

-

MARY (LEGALEASE)